Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Friends and Food

I am very satisfied with life right now, and oh so pleased with my choice to be healthy and start the switch to having a more aware state of existing and living. If only I could just give myself more time---time to be active, meditate, spend more time with friends, and do things with Ryan. I also need some more music…new stuff, fresh stuff….suggestions?
The food has been fabulous! We had friends come over Labor Day weekend which allowed us to do our favorite thing, cook a bunch of food! These are a bunch of pictures. Recipes may follow if anyone is interested.


Mac-n-Nutrtional Yeast Cheese: This was my favorite.
Fresh Fruit and Coffee for breakfast. I also made some whole wheat, oatmeal, and blueberry pancakes too. Dinner Sunday night: a vegetable feast with the option of grass fed beef or salmon too!





The Chocolate/Banana/Walnut Coconut Milk Ice Cream never got photographed....ask Lawson, it was delicious!



Watermelons from the garden, yay!


Monday nights' dinner: black bean burgers with sweet potato fries, a green salad, and the macaroni and cheese above. Dessert were dark chocolate almond cookies made with whole wheat flour and agave. They were amazing, somewhere in between a cookie and a brownie. I'll make another batch and photograph soon, really really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment