Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's cold and all I want to eat is soup

Basically, it's beyond bearable here with the coldness. It hinders every inch of New Year motivation I had for working out (which would require leaving the house). It takes all I have to change out of my pj's and into my snow suit to leave the house. One thing that makes me feel a lot better about doing so is having a cup of hot soup when I walk in the door. I know, hot chocolate would be better, but I need no calorie and high nutrients which is why I'm relying on this basic cabbage soup.

1 small head of cabbage
2 carrots
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
16 oz. Veggie stock
1 can white beans (I used Garbanzo but Cannelini would be better)
equal amounts of water
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Red pepper flakes and lots of Salt and Pepper

It feels good to eat it. I know that sounds weird, but its true. It must be the amount of vinegar in it and the fact that there is no fat at all; it's the perfect cold weather,guilt free, but warming snack with real nutritional value.


Check out the vinegar I've been using. I'm trying to include it more in my cooking after reading more about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar: http://bragg.com/products/acv.html



No comments:

Post a Comment