Monday, January 18, 2010

Leftovers never tasted so good!



You're probably saying to yourself, these don't look like leftovers....BUT they are! Last week I made Ryan's favorite (enchiledas) and we ate them so quick I didn't get a picture. Luckily, when I made them I made a double batch and froze the other dish of them. We were watching TV and considering take-out when I remembered what was stashed away in the freezer. Ryan baked them for 45 minutes (since the interior was pre-cooked) and then topped them with a nice green salad, shaved onion, salsa, and Valentina. He served them with saffron rice and some refried beans. Here's how the enchiledas were assembled.
Whole Wheat Tortillas stuffed with a sauteed mixture of onions, green peppers, jalepenos, broccoli, spinach, ground mushroom burger, and black beans seasoned with taco seasoning.
We put Salsa Verde on the bottom of the dish and lined it with enchiledas, then baked them.
Good, cheap eats and we didn't even have to use the telephone or the debit card! Woo Hoo!
I need to remember to do double duty more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment