Sunday, January 17, 2010

Raining on Sunday

This morning, like most Sunday mornings, consisted of coffee, Internet browsing for dream houses, the news (by news I mean SportsCenter) and lots of yawns. Sunday is really the only day of the week that we are guaranteed to see each other for more than an hour. It is a day that we love to relax and often only have a date with the piles of laundry that we need to catch up on. It's nice when one of us takes the initiative and makes some good food. This morning it was my turn; tonight it's Ryan's.


I wanted to make something that was different than our weekday morning breakfasts, so I looked up a recipe for pancakes. I've done some killer vegan banana walnut cakes before, but brunch is all about cooking and NOT having to take your PJ's off, so I used what we had in the house and made whole wheat apple cinnamon pancakes. I baked some tofu sausage that we had in an attempt to hush Ryan's desperate pleas for bacon. Miraculously, it worked.









They were really good, but very dense. I only made 4 pancakes and 4 sausage links, but we couldn't even finish those.














Everyday is Sunday for Raleigh Cat.







No comments:

Post a Comment