Monday, August 17, 2009

Whoever created tapas was a genius....

Yesterday when I got home from work and had brought some goodies home, Ryan and I were debating on what to fix for our afternoon lunch. We wanted a bit of everything, so we made a little of this and a little of that, with a sliced tomato. It was an awesome lunch!


Here's what we made:






So, we used the Coconut Oil to sautee the pot stickers, spinach, onions, and cucumbers. We topped those with a bit of Sriracha (red chili sauce). We also did some Veggie Spring Rolls, and Ryan used some rice wine vinegar, agave, soy sauce, and a fresh plum to make a dipping sauce.
Did I mention anything about the AMAZING plums I bought the other night? Wow. I keep thinking about one of my most favorite poems:


This Is Just To Say
by
William Carlos Williams

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
I purposely put the four left in the fridge so Ryan could try one at its most delicous point, hopefully, he gets one before I eat them all....
I love Sundays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment