Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yummy Soup and Noodle Legs


That is what a successful trip to the farmers market looks like! Woo Hoo, and all within my 22 dollar budget. All of this produce is from TN with the exception of the Muscadine grapes, they are from good’ole South Carolina. :)

After the stop for some fresh veggies, I made a pot of soup to soothe my allergies and corn chowder cravings. I based this recipe on one I found in Everyday Food, but I made it vegan, and added a thing or two.



1 acorn squash (5 cups raw), peeled, cubed
2 ears of corn, cooked and cut off the cob
2 cloves of garlic
½ red onion, diced
1 teaspoon Curry powder
3 cups Veggie Stock (fresh is best)
1 cup Coconut Milk Cream (the thick part that rises to the top)
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil

In a large pot, bring oil to medium heat and add squash. Let squash cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add onions and garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes. Mix in corn and curry powder. Stir for about 1 minute. Add in stock. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in coconut milk cream, and keep soup on low heat for another 10 minutes. For a thick, chunky soup leave as is, otherwise use an immersion blender to puree the soup to your liking.


For dinner I made a Seasame and Ginger Tempeh Stir-Fry.

I used a mixture of veggies, low mein noodles, and TempehTations Ginger Marinated Tempeh.
It turned out great! Of course, it was better with Sriracha, but what isn't?

So where do the noodle legs fit in? Well that's because of tonight's Yoga class. 90 minutes of thigh, groin, and core poses. Whew. I don't even want to think about half moon or warrior 3 till I get over the soreness that I already feel coming. Sounds like I might need an extra shot of Mangosteen and some Ginger (both good for pain and inflammation.) It's a good pain though, lets me know that I am on the right track to being where I need to be. I can feel it, I'm alive.

So what's for dinner tonight, ahhh now that is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment